Conrad Hyde

(1907-1965). Missionary, teacher, administrator, departmental secretary. He was born in London to a family that produced five ordained Seventh-day Adventist ministers. In 1927 he completed the nurses’ course at Stanborough Park Sanitarium, then took a two-year ministerial course at Stanborough College. He began his work for the church at Kendu Hospital in Africa in 1930. In 1932 the family moved to the Kamagambo Training School, where the boys’ boarding school was started. In 1940 he moved to Kandoto Mission, where he served as mission director until 1943. In this year he was ordained. From 1943 to 1947 he served at Kisii Mission Station, and then was called to head the Theological Department at Bugema College and later served as principal of the school. In 1958 he became president of ...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs